Monday, April 22, 2013

No place like Home...the Beautiful Lahore

The wonderful Lahore is again full of colors of spring and festivity, but many reasons are there to stop the people from enjoying it. 






It is evident from Pakistan's current condition, why people are leaving it. I am sure no one wants to leave Pakistan, the land. Many are tempted by the lure of good jobs and businesses. Others think that earning dollars is very attractive. Some go for security reasons such as the shias are now looking for options reluctantly. 


When I was unmarried I got my USA visa, around eleven years ago, but I had never dreamed of leaving Pakistan, as I was well settled and my family is all here. The USA embassy refused to give visa to my husband although now even my children have it. The reason they gave him was that his ties are not strong with his homeland. Maybe they had bad experiences but I still think they are unable to judge many genuine cases. 

This was six years ago. Now I still think I never want to leave my country but the living conditions are horrible for upper middle class even, leave alone the poor and downtrodden. You get no natural gas in winters for cars, cooking, heaters or geysers. In summers it's improved a bit but now horrifying power-cuts that has killed your life. You cant watch a movie in one go. The light goes after every hour. Night is better due to weather but as summers approach it sends a chill down your neck. 


The ever beautiful Pakistan is suffering and people are so busy solving their own issues that no one can stand up and protest. Today morning when I was driving for office, there was a protest on Walton road for electricity, where one could see the suffering people screaming and blocking roads to get attention. I really dont blame them but as I was getting late for office I could not join them. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment